Friday 31 May 2024

Trip Breakdown: Marion to Welland

OK, get this: Ascot Park to Westfield Marion, then back to Ascot Park, then to Grange Rd, Welland on a single $4.25 trip.

I'm actually a bit annoyed that I had to pay the $4.25 because the 28-day pass I bought earlier didn't activate until later. But yeah, I should get a grip. $4.25 is still a steal.

Lesson: Buy your 28-day at least a day in advance.

Ascot Park to Grange Rd was only 45 minutes including one transfer on the city edge. No need to handle traffic. Just vibe along to podcasts and check the phone from time to time.

Google Maps is the killer app for public transport. I'm going to pound the table on that.

I'm going to be doing a lot of novel trips to source various equipment from various suburbs -  not regularly commuting into the city - and I really appreciate its hand-holding and reassurance. 

While waiting, I decided to call Adelaide Metro about my inactive pass. I spoke to someone very helpful, and so I'd like to pass on some...

Adelaide Metro 28-day pass FAQs not in the FAQ:

Q: What happens if your 28 day pass doesn't load?
A: Go into Adelaide Railway Station for a fix and trip credit.

Q: Does buying a 28-day pass truncate one already in use?
A: No. It goes into a 'queue' and activates the day after the current pass expires.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Planes, Trains

Public transport airport transfers in Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, and Adelaide: Not 'there' yet, but getting better. The big complai...