Tuesday 14 May 2024

Day One Score!

Some tenants left behind two working bicycles. The mamachari just needed its tires pumped and its chain greased. 

ママチャリ

I was thinking I would have to walk everywhere that was too near for public transport. This feels like cheating.

As grateful as I am, the tenants did also leave behind a ton of other junk, stains, and odours which are now my responsiblity to fix, along with bigger issues with the house.

Even the second bike, a light racer, only needs a new tube.

It seems people won't/can't fix things anymore. And then when it comes to moving house, they can't responsibly discard the sheer amount of broken stuff they've accumulated.

No judgement. It just helps me understand tenants better.

Tenants: panic, shove it in the shed and hope the property managers don't notice it. (They didn't.)

Me: Free bike.

... And helmet. (Not so "Ew" after I washed the pads). It should see me through until I get a new one.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Planes, Trains

Public transport airport transfers in Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, and Adelaide: Not 'there' yet, but getting better. The big complai...